Talk about a meal in a bowl, this Black Bean and Corn Salad is sure to satisfy.
We added crispy radishes and sweet Granny Smith apples, and red bell peppers for a variety of flavors and textures. The dairy-free, oil-free dressing and fresh cilantro finish it off beautifully.
This is one of those salads that has tremendous versatility. It holds up well for packing in lunches. It can fill a tortilla or wrap. Serve it as an appetizer with chips, or bring it to a pot-luck as a side dish.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed (4 cups if using cooked dry beans)
- 4 cups Non-GMO corn kernels I buy Woodstock brand
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2 cups radishes, diced
- 1/2 cup ed bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all the vegetables and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt, vinegar, cumin, salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over vegetables and mix well.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.