I made this Banana Bread with protein and fiber-rich chickpea flour. I was afraid it might be dry, but it’s sweet, moist, and super easy. Give it a try!⠀
I used Bob’s Red Mill Chickpea Flour, but you can use any flour you’d like.
Chickpea Flour Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup applesauce or vegan butter⠀
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup⠀
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or raw or light-brown)⠀
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda⠀
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)⠀
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread pan, or line with parchment paper.⠀
- Combine all wet ingredients and the sugar, and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and continue mixing. If the batter is too wet, add more flour. If too dry, add a little plant-based milk.
- Fold in walnuts last.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.⠀For muffins: bake 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a wooden toothpick in the center of the bread or muffin. It should come out mostly clean. Or press down lightly with your fingertip in the center of the bread/muffin. It should spring back if done.