My dairy-free, oil-free Spinach Artichoke Dip is just as delicious as the traditional version with mayonnaise and cheese, but so healthy you can eat it all yourself, guilt-free!
The dip is chock full of prebiotic-containing artichoke hearts and nutrient-rich spinach, but the creamy cashew-based dressing will fool your most cheese-crazy friends. This plant-based take on a long-time party-favorite is a sure hit.
I use frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained) and canned artichoke hearts. Make sure to use artichoke hearts canned in water, not the kind in a jar of oil!
Instead of mayonnaise and cheese, I blend up cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and plant-based milk. You can use vegan mayonnaise if you choose, just know that vegan mayonnaise is highly processed and high in oil (and therefore, calories!)
Similarly, you can top the dip with vegan parmesan cheese, or mix up this easy substitute: Combine 1 cup hemp seeds, 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 teaspoon salt in a jar. Stor in the fridge to top salads, pasta dishes, or casseroles.
Dairy-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water at least 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- plant-based parmesan cheese (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 Place cashews, plant milk, lemon juice, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and salt in blender and process until smooth.
- Step 3 Squeeze excess water from spinach and place in mixing bowl with artichokes, onions, and dressing, and mix well.
- Step 4 Transfer to a small baking dish and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Step 5 Bake 20-30 minutes until heated through and bubbly.