It’s becoming trendy to not drink alcohol and many restaurants and bars are accommodating non-drinkers with alcohol-free beers and mocktails.
If you enjoy a spicy margarita now and then, try this alcohol-free version of the jalapeño margarita for a refreshing addition to your favorite plant-based Mexican cuisine.
You can make alcohol-free versions of most of your favorite cocktails, or have fun experimenting with new concoctions. Jump over here for an article I wrote on mocktail recipes.
The recipe is for one serving.
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 1-2 slices fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- 1-2 tsp agave or maple syrup
- crushed ice
- Place the cilantro and jalapeño in the bottom of a glass and muddle them with a spoon (that means crush them up slightly.)
- Add the lime juice, grapefruit juice, and syrup.
- If you have a cocktail shaker, transfer the drink into the shaker and add some crushed ice. Shake well and strain the drink back into the glass over crushed ice. If you don't have a shaker, stir the drink in the glass to mix the flavors, then strain through a wire mesh into another glass of crushed ice.
- If you like your drink extra spicey, don't bother straining it and pour it, with the jalapeño and cilantro, over crushed ice.