Waldorf salad makes a great addition to your Thanksgiving meal, or any meal, but we have taken this salad from side dish to entrée just by adding some protein and fiber in the form of Cannellini beans. That’s how we like to think around here: What can we add to this already-delish fruit salad to make it a little extra? Want to take it even further? Serve the salad on a bed of kale, spinach, or other greens.
You can always leave out the beans if you choose. Personally, I like the soft texture of the beans with the crunchy fruit, celery, and nuts.
White Bean Waldorf Salad
- 4 apples, cored and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tbsp tarragon
- Optional: coconut flakes, dried cranberries
- Step 1 Combine the apples, celery, grapes, walnuts, and beans in a large bowl.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over fruits and vegetables, add the parsley and tarragon, and stir to mix well.
- Step 3 Add or top with cranberries or coconut flakes, if desired.